Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Boston, Massachusetts - Part One


Today we explored Boston.  The Science Museum of Boston and the New England Aquarium were on our agenda.  Today I saw my children really love learning!  I am reminded how special this time is with them.  I feel so fortunate to spend my days with them.  I am the one who gets to celebrate with them when they master a new challenge, I am the one who gets to help them when they need help and I am the one who hears all the witty and intelligent things that fly out of their mouths every day! Well, I really share all of this with Bryan, but that makes it even better :-) We don't miss waiting for a bus, struggling over homework, or the rigid, overly stressful schedule!  I am glad we are doing it OUR way!  My kids are learning  all the skills they would be learning in school - but it's all being individualized to the way they learn best.  They are seeing the USA and meeting all kinds of people- young and old - so I think we are socializing them just fine too!
Today was a great day.  There will never, ever be another October 9, 2013.  I'm glad I spent today with my guys!  Here are the highlights in pictures.

SCIENCE MUSEUM OF BOSTON
  Aaron's got the whole world in his hands...
BEAR!!!!!
Learned more about New England Animals and Habitats
Hope we see a moose in Maine!  It would be even cooler than the gigantic raccoon I just saw on our picnic table!!!
Fish/Fossil/Art
Very cool, interactive exhibits throughout the museum!  The boys were in heaven since they are very kinesthetic learners.  
 
Wow!
Learning about balance!  This part of the museum was Braden's favorite!  It was called the Science in the Park.  The boys were able to see how all the things they do every day relate to science!  
Great exhibit!
Leaning about force


Aaron's favorite part of this exhibit!  He spun himself silly!
The Butterfly Garden Experience was beautiful!  We met a wonderful staff member who took the time to talk to us about all the butterflies in the exhibit!
An Owl Butterfly... They love fruit and Aaron :-)

Do you see those looks of amazement ❤
We could've stayed there all day and observed nature at its finest!
This exhibit was probably Aaron's favorite!  He must have declared "I Love Science" about 500 times today!  This makes my heart so happy!
He was a natural on the animation computers!
Seriously, he was amazing!

The boys even had a chance to "create" an animation.
Braden moved the lamp from point A to point B and Aaron worked the controls :-)

We learned about wind power
The boys learning :-)
 DiNOsAuRs

Aaron always thinks of unique things- instead of comparing his handprint to the footprint, he stuck his head down there!!!
Ready for this?
Braden is just over 1.5 billion nanometers tall!
Aaron is 1.4 billion nanometers tall!  
We saw a great show about Lightning!  It got us all charged up ( get it?!?!)
Great way to end our trip to the Science Museum of Boston!

Stay tuned for pics of the aquarium!

No comments:

Post a Comment